Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Pass Parameter in to pre-SQL statement based on Input Data Stream?

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

My Input data stream is excel and it contains dates along with other data. If I run workflow twice, data is getting appended twice to sql table resulting in duplicate rows. So to avoid data duplicacy, I need to delete the data from sql table which is greater than minimum date of input data stream before appending the data from excel to sql table.

I am able to find minimum date by using summarize tool. How can I pass these minimum date to pre-sql statement so that I can delete previously appended data.

For example, I have last week data. Once I run macro, last week data get appended to sql table. If I re-run the query, last week data get appended to table again. Becuase Data doesn't have any unique colomns so database don't throw any error.

I am trying to delete the last week data if exists by using pre-sql statement. I am getting last week min date "07/10/2016", I am not sure how can I  pass this date to pre-sql statement.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The easiest way to pass a dynamic date string to Pre-SQL in the Input tool would be to imbed the Input tool inside of a batch macro and then pass the min date using a Text Box interface tool.

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

@Michael, Thank you. Is it possible to show some sample workflow?

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

I have created temporary sql table and passed minimum date in the data using summarize widget. Now I deleting the data using the column in the temporary table in Pre-SQL Statement.

Ab3111
5 - Atom

Can you please attach an example of how we can do this?

sneh12
5 - Atom

Hi did you get any answers to this question, I am in a similar situation and want to know if I can pass a string in a pre sql statement if anyone knows how to do that please let me know

murugansabk
5 - Atom

It's not solved and there is no answer in this thread.

Why is it marked as SOLVED???

Labels