Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help for a date related column

Kaushik
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have two columns namely company seniority date and Company seniority date2 both fields have null values. I basically want to replace the Nulls in the column company seniority date with the date that's there in the company seniority date2 column. I used the data cleanisng tool to replace nulls with blanks but that's not happening. and then use the If formula IF [Company Seniority Date]="[Null]" THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
IF IsNull( [Company Seniority Date])THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF

That's the trick

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

1. Is your data have null values or "[Null]" as you have mentioned "[Null]" in your if else expression. please replace it as Null() only.

ex- IF [Company Seniority Date]=null() THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF

2. To replace null with blank you can use formula tool for that field and use this "". This will give you blank fields.

Thanks

Vishwa

Kaushik
7 - Meteor

thank you :)

Labels