Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grid Search in Predictive Modelling/Grouping

mfgrillo
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if there's a tool that will allow me to loop through a range of possible model hyperparameters like a Grid Search function would do in Python? I essentially want a macro or tool that will test multiple combinations through a given range for each of the settings in the "Model customization" window when configuring a model tool.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mfgrillo ,

To accomplish that, one way is to use something called batch macro and the idea behind it is to program a workflow to run based in inputs.

To learn how to create a batch macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/td-p/52900

It is only an example, so the model doesn't work. But the idea is to show how to create a bunch of tests.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

mfgrillo
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! Apologies for the late response. This does seem to work for modifying one hyperparameter at a time for me, but does get quite cumbersome for multiple hyperparameters, is there something I'm missing?

Labels