Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

GROUP BY - Exclude on MAX

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi all,

My input Data set

suby_0-1622467525937.png

then i have a formula field called CHECK where i have the condition.

IF SUB PRODUCT STATUS ='LIVE' AND SP DOC C = FIRST AND SP DOC SC = OK THEN YES ELSE NO

suby_1-1622467696797.png

Then i'm using a summarize tool to GROUPBY PROD ID_22 and do a Max_CHECK..( the reason for doing a MAX is i want to treat if any of my (A1,A2,A3,A4) satisfies the condition on CHECK column then treat my siblings as YES but exclude A4 since A4 Doesn't satisfies the CHECK column condition

Expected Output.

suby_2-1622468213987.png

Attached the sample workflow.

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @suby 

Here is how you can do it. As per what i can understand you are applying "yes" value to siblings and later you are again checking it, if any of the condition are not met (i,e its ok if they are null but if its not matching then it needs to be filtered). Based on that we need to add a filter like below.

atcodedog05_0-1622469360092.png

The columns should match the value or be Null.

Hope this helps 🙂

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Thanks and i got your point.

But i don't want to restrict the results by adding a filter.

I'm trying to understand is there a better way to acheive this.

Also by using MAX and also at the same i want to Exclude A4 is that possible without adding a filter. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @suby 

Do you mean A4 Max_check should be "No" and not filtered?

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Firstly i don't want the filter as per your suggestion.

In my join result when i export to excel  i filter for YES on MAX CHECK column in that scenario i would expect A1,A2 A3 only.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @suby 

ok got it. Here is what can we done instead of filtering it out, it is set to "No" when its not Null or doesnt meet any one of the condition. If its Null or meets the condition then its "Yes"

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1622477133522.png

Hope this helps 🙂

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Great it works Thank you very Much.

Much Appreciated.

Labels