Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match- Getting Started

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi community, 

I have never used fuzzy match before and i attempted to get started today. I read up on it and how to use it but for some reason its not sinking in. Are you able to advise how i can compare data from two sources, and match them if they are similar (i can edit to 95% in the tool, this i know)

Attached is an example of a photo of my flow, one source has "material description" and one is called "Bypass mobile product" they are pretty similar but not exact, if they are lets say 95 % similar i want to bring back the next column named "Material" on the 2nd screen shot. Make sense? 

Basically i want to join the data but they aren't exact so nothing comes up in my join, hence, needing the fuzzy match...

any advise would be extremely appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Cferrer6 - Usually it helps if you provide data samples. However, if you're keen to learn how to start with Fuzzy Matching, please have a look at the following video: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Fuzzy-Matching-for-Beginners/td-p/330575 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels