Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to take a row with multiple items to say "Multiple" instead of the item names

kat_osborn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am going to try to describe this as best as possible. I have a column named "Response Team". Within this column, some of the rows have only 1 item but some have more than 1. I am needing a formula that will rename the rows with more than 1 item to say "multiple" instead of the 2+ names of the teams. Screenshot of an excel file that I typed out just for reference of what I am looking at, the one that is highlighted is an example of a row with more than 1 item. I am thinking there should be an if then statement but I am having trouble figuring it out.  Let me know if there is an easy way to do this - thank you! 

Screenshot 2023-07-13 103754.png

2 REPLIES 2
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @kat_osborn 

Assuming a response team never contains a ; then I think you could use something along the lines of:

if contains([Response Team], ';') then 'Multiple' else [Response Team] endif

image.png

kat_osborn
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much, I was definitely overthinking this one.

Labels