Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula is giving wrong result

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

As a very simple task, I have used below formula to populate value based on comparison of two columns. But, strangely, it is giving wrong result.

Formula is :- IF round([PV_REGFED],0)=round([PV_ZINC],0) THEN "Matched" ELSE "Not Matched" ENDIF

Manually I check that values between comparison columns are not matching but still above formula is giving result as "Matched".

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

8 REPLIES 8
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Could you provide some sample data please?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Vikas038 not sure you can pass the "mult"  parameter to "0" in the Round function, which will give you NULL values .

binuacs_0-1649320671856.png

Please go through the post by @ChristineB , you will get better understanding of how round function works in Alteryx.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Round-Numeric-Values-with-th...

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Maybe you could use  round([PV_REGFED],0.25) ? 

Hamder83_0-1649322999330.png

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the response as it worked. Although, in similar case, we are using formula ([PV_REGFED]-[PV_ZINC])/[PV_ZINC] to get percentage difference between two values in percentage format. This is also giving me incorrect result when I checked the same manually.

Can you please take a look into this?

Thank you

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Vikas038 can you provide some sample data and expected result ?

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Value1Value2%age change(=(B13-C13)/C13)
80100-20%
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Vikas038 can you confirm below is that something you are looking for?

binuacs_0-1649328850631.png

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Thank you team. This will work for me.

Labels