Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formatting for Batch Macro Excel Output Sheets

macst245
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I have a batch macro which outputs each new table to a new excel sheet.  I am looking to format each of the sheets with the below formatting, is there a way to include the reporting tools in a batch macro so all the different excel sheets are formatted?  I have attached the Alteryx Package for this, and please let me know if more information is needed.  Below is the formatting I would need done:

Can the report be formatted so we don’t have to spend time opening columns in excel?  Can we make sure the columns are spaced out so the headers are all showing?

Can we have the header rows highlighted?

Can we have first column highlighted? 

Can we have the Metrics and Thresholds as percentages?

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@macst245  Interesting!

The below post has different way in which this can be resolved depending on the cause.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/The-Designer-x64-reported-InboundNamed... 

Specifically check out @Jackie7890 's answer:-

'I had this same error (The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended) and here is how I was able to fix it. 

The problem started when I changed my output file name in a Render Tool using the text box directly, instead of browsing to the folder and typing in the name. In Alteryx, you have two options for entering your output filename, either by entering the full file path as a string, or by navigating to the folder and typing just the name of the output file, selecting the datatype, and clicking Save. in this case I was outputting a Report to an .xlxs, and had changed the output string directly to the same name as an existing file, desiring the Report Output to overwrite the existing file. 

I resolved the problem by navigating to the desired folder using the Disc/Save button, then typing in the box, and the error disappeared. Even overwriting an existing report, I had no error. '

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN I really appreciate you pointing me to that thread, however I had tried the solution you had posted and others in that thread and am still getting the same error.  

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN  I figured this out and thanks again for your help.  I had to add a layout tool in my workflow as well as the render tool (both of those were outside the macro).

Thanks again

Labels