This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I've moved my Alteryx Designer running on Windows 10 in a VMware Fusion virtual Machine from a MacBook Pro to an iMac Pro (just by copying the Windows VM) and suddenly I'm getting only in some of my workflows the following error when trying to write *.hyper files (*.tde outputs seems to work OK):
The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.
It's really weird because the workflows where running without problems before. BTW I'm the Admin of my Machine, I'm using the following Alteryx's version (because I'm using the Scheduler too, but not for the workflows with the errors):
Alteryx Admin Designer
and my workflows have *xydb inputs that are in a network disk location where I can read/write and my outputs are also in a network disk location where I can read/write.
This error is very similar than the ones to be found in another threads but not quite the same so unfortunately I haven't been able to find any help to tackle it. Can I maybe turn on something to catch more details for the error handling?
I really appreciate any Feedback, since the error is affecting production workflows.
I have the same problem. Had a workflow running yesterday and am getting InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been end now as well. Can neither browse the data nor export it into excel. Although in the last step before on the output view everything seems fine. Screenshots attached.
Not sure if this relates to your workflow but I just had this same error with the same behavior that I got results all the way through but nothing in the Browse tools.
It seems like it was a strange memory issue with a spatial match for me.
I was doing a spatial match with lots of data points compared to a few hundred polygons. I realized that each point is compared to EACH polygon, so each point ended up getting thrown into match or unmatched hundreds of times, each with the universe polygon attached. Not sure if it was a memory issue or if the spatial match didn't like assigning target points to both matched and unmatched?
Is there anything in your workflow that exponentially explodes like that?
I had this same error (The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended) and here is how I was able to fix it.
The problem started when I changed my output file name in a Render Tool using the text box directly, instead of browsing to the folder and typing in the name. In Alteryx, you have two options for entering your output filename, either by entering the full file path as a string, or by navigating to the folder and typing just the name of the output file, selecting the datatype, and clicking Save. in this case I was outputting a Report to an .xlxs, and had changed the output string directly to the same name as an existing file, desiring the Report Output to overwrite the existing file.
I resolved the problem by navigating to the desired folder using the Disc/Save button, then typing in the box, and the error disappeared. Even overwriting an existing report, I had no error.