Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Format Output Excel using Table Tool

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Can we perform this?

Fill the entire Variance and Unit row & if Variance != 0, change the unit value color to Red.

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658757525119.png

Thanks,

Krishna

15 REPLIES 15
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @KrishnaChithrathil, this is definitely possible. I'd first colour the 'Variance' rows with a Row Rule as so:

DataNath_0-1658758057735.png

Then to colour the text red where the variance != 0, I'd use a column rule on the Units field like so:

DataNath_1-1658758119634.png

The outcome of those together is this:

DataNath_2-1658758140531.png

oliverd
7 - Meteor

If for the output option you choose to overwrite the range rather than the sheet the conditional formatting should not be replaced in Excel.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

I tried your workflow, and it's working. 

But in my scenario, I'm getting one error. 

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658758555891.png

Thanks,

Krishna 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil double check the data type of your [Units] column - from that error I'd imagine it's a string type and so you'll either need to put the 0 of the expression in quotes like [Units] != '0', or change the data type of the [Units] field to something numeric.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

I modified the formula to this [Description] = 'Variance' and [Units] != '0' and my Units column is int64.

But same error I'm getting.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@oliverd 

Couldn't get you properly. Can you rephrase it please?

DataNath
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil it needs to be one or the other. If you put the 0 in quotes like '0' then your Units column needs to be a string. If you leave it out of quotes, just as 0, then it needs to be numeric. At the moment, you're trying to apply a string expression to a number, hence the error. Try either changing the data type to a string or removing the quotation marks around the 0.

oliverd
7 - Meteor

Yes, my understanding is that when you paste data from Alteryx into an existing sheet the conditional formatting will not be affected.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

Checked it again. 

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658759347797.png

KrishnaChithrathil_2-1658759403694.png

KrishnaChithrathil_3-1658759450651.png

Labels