Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Format Output Excel using Table Tool

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Can we perform this?

Fill the entire Variance and Unit row & if Variance != 0, change the unit value color to Red.

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658757525119.png

Thanks,

Krishna

15 REPLIES 15
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @KrishnaChithrathil, this is definitely possible. I'd first colour the 'Variance' rows with a Row Rule as so:

DataNath_0-1658758057735.png

Then to colour the text red where the variance != 0, I'd use a column rule on the Units field like so:

DataNath_1-1658758119634.png

The outcome of those together is this:

DataNath_2-1658758140531.png

oliverd
7 - Meteor

If for the output option you choose to overwrite the range rather than the sheet the conditional formatting should not be replaced in Excel.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

I tried your workflow, and it's working. 

But in my scenario, I'm getting one error. 

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658758555891.png

Thanks,

Krishna 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil double check the data type of your [Units] column - from that error I'd imagine it's a string type and so you'll either need to put the 0 of the expression in quotes like [Units] != '0', or change the data type of the [Units] field to something numeric.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

I modified the formula to this [Description] = 'Variance' and [Units] != '0' and my Units column is int64.

But same error I'm getting.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@oliverd 

Couldn't get you properly. Can you rephrase it please?

DataNath
17 - Castor

@KrishnaChithrathil it needs to be one or the other. If you put the 0 in quotes like '0' then your Units column needs to be a string. If you leave it out of quotes, just as 0, then it needs to be numeric. At the moment, you're trying to apply a string expression to a number, hence the error. Try either changing the data type to a string or removing the quotation marks around the 0.

oliverd
7 - Meteor

Yes, my understanding is that when you paste data from Alteryx into an existing sheet the conditional formatting will not be affected.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@DataNath 

Checked it again. 

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1658759347797.png

KrishnaChithrathil_2-1658759403694.png

KrishnaChithrathil_3-1658759450651.png

Labels