Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find values from two different columns in a single column

JitenderChawla
8 - Asteroid

on the SP tab I have Short Period (Column A) and corresponding Survivor Entity (Column E)

on tab 7171000 I have the Entity Code column (Col A)

Here is what I am trying to achieve -
If the Short Period and the Corresponding Survivor entity, both exist in Entity code then both should be populated in column K and L
if only one of them exists then it should be populated and the other value should be left blank.

Please advise how can I create this work flow.

5 REPLIES 5
zajaccount
9 - Comet

Hi

would this help?

zajaccount_0-1588678544090.png

JitenderChawla
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a bunch! this works. Only one issue I have a total 164 records on the first tab. however this workflow gives me 10 records where there is a match (either one or both) how can I append the remaining 154 records to these 10 to get all 164 records.

Thanks again! Appreciate your help with this.

zajaccount
9 - Comet

Hi

I am not sure I understand you correctly, but would the Union tool do the job? However, as I understand the remaining 154 records have a different field scheme than the output file - how would you like to append these two?

JitenderChawla
8 - Asteroid

The 164 records are on the tab 7171000.. I can work on the Schema add additional columns or change datatype.

If I use union tool would it not duplicate the 10 records.

I just need additional 154 records with these 10.

zajaccount
9 - Comet

To be honest I am not sure I understand you 100% - based on the applied logic, the remaining 154 records would need to be ENTITY_CODEs where no Short Periods nor Survors were matched in the SP tab.

Therefore, as I understand, you would like to include them with the last two columns as null. I believe they should be present in the "R" legs of the join tools - you could create two new blank columns with survivor and EntCode and then union them with the matched data. 

Labels