Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find and Replace Tool Not Showing All Options?

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this an issue with the spreadsheet or my configurations. But I have a set of BIN Numbers in my data that I need to find on my VLOOKUP spreadsheet and add a column with it's corresponding bank. Below is an example of my replace table/spreadsheet, my data I'm searching, and the output that I need:

dmpope_0-1655825223390.png

I have the data set in the "Find" anchor and the Replace table linked to the "Replace" anchor. In the configuration window, I set "Find within Field" to the BIN column. But the "Find Value" is only showing Currency and Bank option. I suppose I'm confused since I need to match the BIN numbers between both sheets and append the Bank number to my data. Can anyone help on what I need to fix?

dmpope_1-1655825407526.png

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Have you checked whether or not the [BIN] field is numeric in your lookup table (the input with Currency/Bank)? If you haven't done any conversion then Alteryx will read this in as numeric based on the example above. It'll need to be a string data type if so.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dmpope in your Data Example make sure the field 'BIN' is string. Find Replace only allow string fields

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both! I didn't realize it needed to be a string value. All good now :)

Labels