Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering out duplicates based on criteria

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm trying to filter out any duplicates based on specific criteria. Example below - most records in my data set don't have duplicates but I need to weed out the ones that do.  All the duplicate Policy Numbers with an Event Name of "COVID" I need to filter out.

Thank you,

Kim

Current  Desired
Policy #Event Name  Policy #Event Name
1234567COVID  123456790 Day Suspend
123456790 Day Suspend  7654321EFT Lapse Pending
7654321EFT Lapse Pending  3456789Grace Hold
7645321COVID    
3456789Grace Hold    
3456789COVID    
4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kas ,

You can achieve that by first counting the number of occurrences, then using a filter to eliminate those with duplicates policy numbers and event='Covid'.

I got a different result than yours but I think it was due to a mistyping in your example.

fmvizcaino_0-1593562123499.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @kas, I might be oversimplifying your question, but just using a Filter tool should help you remove policy numbers with an Event Name of 'COVID', no? Unless you want to identify those Policy# that have COVID in Event Name, and then de-duplicate the remaining corresponding non-COVID records for each of those Policy#'s. Please ignore my question if @fmvizcaino's solution already addresses your ask.

kas
8 - Asteroid

This works perfectly...thank you kindly!

Kim

kas
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much for your time @AbhilashR ...and yes, @fmvizcaino solution is a perfect fix.

Labels