Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering out Multiple Occurrences

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

Hello! I am new to Alteryx, and I have a Question. 

I have a sample data set attached. I am looking for the best way to accomplish the following. 

I am looking to remove data that has multiple occurrences for only name and date like the excel attachment.

If Amy Shows more than 1x for that specific date, then remove else keep. I can't necessarily do the unique tool since the in and out columns have different data. 

Please see attachment and thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@CsmithData31  You can use the multi-row formula tool to look up or down rows. In this instance I can group by name and then check to see if the Date is the same as the row before. If it is, then I'll tag it something different to be filtered out later.

JamesCharnley_0-1674486429251.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @CsmithData31 

This formula inside of a filter seems to do the job:

[In] = 1 and [Out] = 1

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1674486428726.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @CsmithData31,

I don't think it's 100% clear what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to exclude ALL names that occur more than once in a specific day, look into the "Only Unique" CReW Macro:

FinnCharlton_0-1674486585857.png

You can download it here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

Hello! Thanks for that! Is it possible to create a new column to identify rows that have multiple occurrences. I want to remove the name Amy all together if that makes sense. 

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

You can outer join against your filter to remove any cases of a name that were filtered out as duplicates

JamesCharnley_0-1674486925719.png

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

This is perfect! Thank you for your help

Labels