Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter latest max date

Jarviz
7 - Meteor

Hi team,

i have use case where i need to read excel files of current month. currently in my shared drive the excel files are being added every week Saturday or Sunday like report_2024-07-21, report_2024-07-14, report_2024-07-06, report_2024-06-30 etc.
My condition should be that it must read all the reports for current month. And the workflow should only trigger if the reports placed recently from yesterday or day before yesterday.

1 REPLY 1
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

To my knowledge it is not possible to set up triggers for your workflow to run automatically, But you can schedule it to run on a certain interval on the server environment. If you went with this route you would just need to use a filter towards the start of your workflow to check for new files. You can use a directory tool to look at all files in your shared drive folder. From there you can use a filter with the below condition to bring in only files created this month:

ToDate([CreationTime]) >= datetimeadd(datetimenow(),-1*tonumber(datetimeformat(datetimenow(),"%d"))+1,"Days")

Labels