Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter based on Date and type of state

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a dataset which look something like table below.

2020-03-05_18-32-35.png

The output I am trying to get is as following. For each ID if the latest State transitioned to is either A, K, C or W, than take only latest date transitioned out of State and latest State transition To for that ID. If the latest State transitioned to is not A, K, C or W then eliminate all the entries for that ID from the output.

The output for that table should look something like table below. 

2020-03-05_18-32-56.png

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thank you very much in Advance! Really appreciate your help. 

Best,

6 REPLIES 6
KP_DML
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Please see attached workflow.

States.png

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @vchauhan011 , similar as above, but I used a dateTime conversion to get the max date.

FilterOnDate.PNG

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello @KP_DML and @AndrewS,

first of all, thank you for posting both solutions so quickly. really appreciate it.  

Both solution are working perfectly fine in case if ID 2 has not been transitioned to or from A, K ,C or W states. But if ID 2 has been transitioned to and from A, K, C and W states and one of them is not the last state that ID 2 transitioned to, this would still pick ID 2 with the last date. 

2020-03-06_9-12-00.png

2020-03-06_9-13-28.png

for any given ID If the very last state it transitioned to is not A, W, K or C then all the entries for that ID should be removed. 

Hope this make sense to you. 

Thank you again! 

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi @vchauhan011 

Kindly try the below and let me know if it works for you!

Please let me know if you need anything else...

FilterBased_DateTypeState.PNG

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello @RobertOdera, thank you for sharing that solution with me. It worked! Appreciate your help! 

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

@vchauhan011  you're most welcome.

Please don't hesitate to ask the community if you need anything else!

Labels