Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Failed to allocate bytes: The paging file is too small for operation to complete.

Avail
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

My original inputs at the very beginning of the workflow are .yxdb files.

I am running a large amount of data through a Unique tool and linking it it back up through a Find And Replace tool. For the Find and Replace tool, the "Find Within Field" and "Find Value" fields are both Record IDs that have been converted to strings (since the find and replace tool does not allow for numeric types to be used). 

Here are the work arounds I have tried and have not worked...

1. Turning off AMP engine and re-running

2. Changing Record ID type to string in the Record ID tool at the beginning of the workflow and adding an Auto-Field tool right after to optimize the length of the field.

4. Doing the same thing as #2 and deleting leading zeros before running through the rest of the workflow. 

3. Changing Record ID type to string in a select tool (and changing field length to 999999999) before the unique and find/replace tools. 

Now I'm stuck. My workflow contains sensitive data so unfortunately I cannot share my data or workflow. Only an image of the error. 

Any advice or information is gratefully appreciated! Thank you :)

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Avail 

This error suggests that Alteryx is trying to allocate memory (about 4MB) for an operation but the system paging file (virtual memory) is too small to handle this request. Increase the memory. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Performance Settings > Advanced > Virtual memory > Change. Here, you can increase the initial and maximum size of the paging file. 

Labels