Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FILTER DATA USING NESTED FINDSTRING

mpressive6
5 - Atom

I have string values that I'm attempting to trap in my excel file. The string would be found in a free form text field named "Additional Issue Details". I would like to write one nested FINDSTRING formula which would search the field and when the whole word is found, e.g. "DATA", "FILE", ETC. that row of data would be flagged and the string that was matched is returned in a column titled "DATAMATCH". 

My formula below appears to have the correct syntax but it's not returning the expected values. 

mpressive6_1-1645740454963.png

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mpressive6 

I tried this out and didn't see an issue on my end. Can you share some sample data that's not working as expected? Have you tried the contains() function?

saveeshkumar
9 - Comet

Hi @mpressive6 ,

You can convert both strings to upper or lower ..

plz find attachment for ref.

saveeshkumar_0-1645766390109.png

hope this help you

Thanks.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@mpressive6 
If you could use Contains function, we can choose the option of case insensitive.

0225-mpressive6.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @mpressive6 

If you are looking for searching whole word only and the word should not be part of any other word(ex: data system is ok but datasytem is not ok) below is how you can do it. I have padded them with space to search it as whole words.

atcodedog05_1-1645774038784.png

Hope this helps : )

mpressive6
5 - Atom

I just wanted to report back and say thank you to both Qiu and atcodedog05. The combination of their proposals did the trick and taught me approaches that I believe I will be able to leverage for other projects as I continue my Alteryx learnings. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @mpressive6 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels