Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extracting days (excluding weekends)

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well.

I need help.

I have two date fields. 

a) Cntr_creation_date

b) Issue date

My workflow should have a formula tool which can calculate and display records  that were entered more than 2 days
(excl. weekends and public holidays) after the Cntr_creation_date.  Means the contracts which are entered in the system after 2 days of actually creating the contract. 

i think there it should be difference between the Cntr_creation_date and the Issue date. 

i have a formula below can you please let me know if this does the same thing,

((DateTimeDiff([ISSUEDATE],[Cntr_creation_date],"days")*5 - (ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([Cntr_creation_date], "%w"))-ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([ISSUEDATE], "%w")))*2) / 7) + IIF(DateTimeFormat([ISSUEDATE], "%w")=="6",-1,0) +
IIF(DateTimeFormat([Cntr_creation_date], "%w")=="0",-1,0)

Thanks

SR

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sriniprad08 the expression calculates the number of business days (working days) between two dates, [ISSUEDATE] and [Cntr_creation_date] and excludes the weekends

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thanks @binuacs so it means i can use the query for my own analysis on (calculating the business days excluding weekends) correct?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sriniprad08 yes, it only excludes the weekends not the public holidays

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi@binuacs thanks for the reply. Can you please help me with understanding what each expression does. especially why we multiply by *5 in the first expression

1) ((DateTimeDiff([ISSUEDATE],[Cntr_creation_date],"days")*5 -

2) (ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([Cntr_creation_date], "%w"))-

3) ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([ISSUEDATE], "%w")))*2) / 7) +

4) IIF(DateTimeFormat([ISSUEDATE], "%w")=="6",-1,0) +
5) IIF(DateTimeFormat([Cntr_creation_date], "%w")=="0",-1,0)

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@sriniprad08 more tools, but this might be slightly easier to follow

Labels