Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract data by current month

I have a database used in several different processes. In one of these processes I must extract data from the current month every month. The database has been accumulating data for 4 years. How do I specifically extract the current month's data from so much data every month?

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Do you have a date field in your data? If so, you can just filter on this so that:

DateTimeMonth([DateField] = DateTimeMonth(DateTimeNow())

AND

DateTimeYear([DateField] = DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow())

If you're doing this In-DB, it'd look something like:

WHERE MONTH(datefield) = MONTH(GETDATE()) AND YEAR(datefield) = YEAR(GETDATE())

Or can try using NOW() instead of GETDATE()

Depending on the SQL syntax of the db you're using.

Hello.

Yes, I have a Date Field, but I tested your formula and it gave an error message:
Error: Formula (4): Parsing error in char(130): Malformed function call (Expression #1)

I'm sorry for the prints in Portuguese, but I translated the message here in the answer

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Arthur_Gonçalves, it looks like you're missing a closing bracket ) after the last square bracket of your date field before the = in both the month and year. Was also thinking you would use this in a Filter tool as well, rather than a Formula, but that depends on your use case obviously!

Oh sorry 😅

Now it worked, I added the ) and used the formula in a filter.

Thank you very much!

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem at all, glad we could get it sorted! :)

Labels