Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Output - multiple tabs with specific fields only

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, I need some help on a workflow

Details:

1. The workflow will pull data from a table and then split containing different categories

2. The Dynamic input pulls in queried data that would contain a column 'Name' with these categories  example A, B and C  (there could over 100 categories) as rows and all the columns of the table queried

I am trying to create an output where I have an excel file that has in this example 3 excel tabs / sheets with only specific columns so,

1. Tab 1 should have data for A with columns 1-5

2. Tab 2 should have data for B with columns 1,3,5

3. Tab 3  should have data for C with columns 1,5,13 and so on for each row of data in column 'Name'

is there a way to accomplish this without using to many filter tools, currently the only thing that i can think of is separating each category manually, using a select tool and selecting specific columns and union them on position and then use the take file name from field in output however, that is to time consuming and I am hoping for a better way to complete this that is efficient

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio This can be achieved with the help of the formula tool and output tool

1. Create a variable with your file path and name like below

binuacs_0-1651335590060.png

2. configure your output data tool like below

binuacs_1-1651335708999.png

binuacs_2-1651335770098.png

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi Binucas

thank you for your response.

just one thing is the output needs to have specific columns depending on the category

1. Tab 1 should have data for A with columns 1-5

2. Tab 2 should have data for B with columns 1,3,5

3. Tab 3  should have data for C with columns 1,5,13 and so on for each row of data in column 'Name'

is there a way to achieve that?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio One way of doing this is with the help of a batch macro. IF you want specific fields to be in specific tabs you need to mention the column names in a separate file

binuacs_0-1671470290149.png

Labels