Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Math functions NORMSDIST and NORMSINV with R/ Python?

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I've come across similar questions but since I'm still rather new to Alteryx and totally new to R, I'm not 100% following the solution provided in other question threads..

I have provided a sample file here as attached.  Essentially the "excel formula" function I'm looking for is 

= NORM.S.DIST((NORM.S.INV( PD )-SQRT( CORR )* Z Factor)/SQRT(1- CORR),TRUE) , to apply in all the scenarios for each asset class.

Each asset class has its own initial "Moody's PD".  And each period for each scenario there is a Z value (already computed sucessfully in Alteryx).

In the sample file; purple section is what I need to calculate in Alteryx.  For sample purpose I put the PD value for each asset class directly in the tab; but I think ideally I also need to call one excel file with two columns, and store the PD value for each asset class as variable 1, variable 2... in order to calculate.

Then I will need to calculate all assets for scenario 1, then move on to sceario 2.. and so on..

Right now I have one workflow that I calculated all the Z values for each period and each scenarios; then I have that Moody's PD rating file (basically asset classes and their PD value).  I try to mimic what's provided in other solution but didn't seem to work..

Any chance someone may help me please?  (p.s is R the only way to solve this?)

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels