Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Event e-mail title variables: workflow name?

FilipR
11 - Bolide

The default emails sent through the Events section have these variables:

%AppName%: %Module% - %NumErrors% Errors

For some reason the %Module% variable is a combination of %WorkingDir% and the workflow name. Does the workflow name have it's own variable that I can use here instead of the %Module%? The title is way too long with the path included.

9 REPLIES 9
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FilipR 

There is an environment variable called [Engine.WorkflowFileName] that you can use in a workflow.

I wonder if this can be used in an event, maybe %WorkflowFileName%

I can't test it myself as I don't have a smtp server set up.

FilipR
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidP 

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have tried both %WorkflowFileName% and %Engine.WorkflowFileName%.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

**bleep**! It was a wild guess but I was hoping we'd get lucky!

aafzala
5 - Atom

I am also working on a similar task and trying to find out a solution. Is it possible if I can know an alternative solution to this problem? I did try %Engine.WorkflowName% It did not work for me.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FilipR 

You can always hard code text in the subject or body. This way you can just hardcode the workflow name for your workflows. That's what I tend to do.

Hope this helps : )

aafzala
5 - Atom

Thanks for your quick response, but I think you can use hardcode text in the tool inside the workflow. but not sure if it can be done inside the event configuration in the mail subject

aafzala
5 - Atom

I think you are right. I will try this solution. But I would still be interested to find a solution that could be more efficient.

FilipR
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 

I guess that's a solution. I was hoping for something neater, though. 😀

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @FilipR 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels