Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error with Output Data to DB -> OutboundNamedPipe::WriteFile: The pipe is being closed

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am getting the following error while inserting the records to SQL server database.

My .csv file got 179,000 records with 11 fields (max 24 chars). I was successfully load the records from the file.

But, when I try to insert to DB, getting the above error. 

Searched through the forum and was able to find three threads. They mentioned about memory. But, none of them are descriptive enough.

Please help !

12 REPLIES 12
paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Hi vasanthan,

Looks like you forgot to include the error.

One thought are you able to load into smaller chunks (output tool -> 9. transaction size)?

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

What kind of database are you trying to load data into? If the DB has the ability to bulk load, that would increase performance considerably.You can watch this video if you would like to see the difference in performance on bulk loading vs. ODBC: https://vimeo.com/144868131

Could you please post the Alteryx log, and I will have a look.

Best regards,

Daniel

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

This is the error I am getting,

Error: Output Data (21): OutboundNamedPipe::WriteFile: The pipe is being closed.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

What kind of database are you trying to load data into? Do you get the same error if you try to output to a file?

Best regards,

Daniel

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to output to a SQL Server table

2015-11-13_10-35-24.jpg

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

It's outputting to a text file without any problem.

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

This is the error in output window.

There are around 171,000 records in the file. But, it only read 10631 records  from the file (see output window).

2015-11-13_11-03-21_Output.jpg

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Vasanth,

i suspect that, your sql server connection being dropped in between 

are both alteryx and sql on the same server? can you change your sql server properties for remote connetion timeout 

see the below.not sure for writing data but Let's see if this helps :)

sql.PNG

vasanthan
6 - Meteoroid

I don't have the admin rights, hence I can't change right now.

But, it seems to me that it's something to do with the memory. I tried shrinking the field values and tried loading again. When I did, it tried loading few more rows, instead of 10633, now it loads 10688.

Labels