Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error at the End of ENDIF

jmathew94
Météore

Why am I getting an error at the end of my ENDIF  Statement??

When i take the ENDIF  out the color shows but if i add ENDIF then it goes black. It says "Parse Error-Malformed If Statement" 

5 RÉPONSES 5
TimN
Pulsar

What data type is set?

jmathew94
Météore

@TimN It is set to VW_String. I have tried switching to datetime and string as well with no luck.

Example of the result should be formatted as 10-Oct WE1, 11-Nov WE3 etc. 

dYoast
Bolide

@jmathew94 

Your arguments for the DateTimeAdd are backwards.

It should be the number to subtract first.

DateTimeAdd([Date], -1, 'months')

Also, I don't think you need to format DateTimeToday.  But, you appear to be missing % before d.

TimN
Pulsar

Yes!  It's backwards...

This works - I think.

IF [Date] >=
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%Y-%m-%d"),1, "month"),-2, "day") THEN DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b") + "WE5"
ELSEIF [Date] >=
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(), "%d"), 22,"day"), -1,"day") THEN DateTimeFormat( [Date], "%w-%b") + "UE4 "
ELSEIF [Date] >=
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%Y-%m-%d"), 15,"day"), -1,"day") THEN DateTimeFormat( [Date], "%m-Xb") + "NE 3"
ELSEIF [Date] >=
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%Y-%m-%d"), 8,"day"), -1,"day")
THEN (DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b") + "NE 2")
ELSE (DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b") + "WEI ")
Endif

SPetrie
Quasar

You are going to have better results if you compare date values to date values. Dates as strings are not going to evaluate the same way.

Your formulas need a bit of tweaking as well.

You are formatting your DateTimeToday into a string and then attempting to do an add that requires a Date/Time data type.

Also, DateTimeAdd() should be in the format of DateTimeAdd([datevalue],increment,units) but your setup is DateTimeAdd([datevalue],units,increment)

If [Date] is a date value, try this formula.

if [Date] >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),1,"month"),-2,"days") then DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b")+"WE5"
elseif [Date] >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),22,"days"),-1,"days") then DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b")+"WE4"
elseif [Date] >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),15,"days"),-1,"days") then DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b")+"WE3"
elseif [Date] >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),8,"days"),-1,"days") then DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b")+"WE2"
else DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m-%b")+"WE1"
endif

Some of the datetimeadds can probably be combined to make it look a bit less intimidating, but its more cosmetic than it is a necessity. 

ifstatement.PNG

Étiquettes