Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Cannot create target directory

apmessner
7 - Meteor

I've created a workflow and published it to my company's gallery, and when I run it in the gallery, I get this error message:

FileResourceHandler::EnsureBaseDirExists: Cannot create target directory

The directory being referenced in the error message and the output tools already exists, so I'm not sure why Alteryx is trying to create a directory.

I also have read/write access to the directory in question.

The workflow runs exactly as expected when I run it locally. I only get this message when I run it from the gallery.

Here is some pertinent information about the workflow:

• The input tools scoop up all of the CSV files in two directories using standard input tools (no macros or interface tools)
  • There are two output tools. They are both Render tools, and they are writing to a directory passed to them by a formula tool. I've attached a screenshot of the configuration of my Render tools.

I hesitate to post the workflow here because I work at a public accounting firm and we are very sensitive about sharing client data.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

is there a single quote in the directory name? it looks like the last character in your screenshot is a single quote. 

apmessner
7 - Meteor

No…Not a quote. Just a little tiny bit of a 1. 

Labels