Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Cannot create target directory

apmessner
7 - Meteor

I've created a workflow and published it to my company's gallery, and when I run it in the gallery, I get this error message:

FileResourceHandler::EnsureBaseDirExists: Cannot create target directory

The directory being referenced in the error message and the output tools already exists, so I'm not sure why Alteryx is trying to create a directory.

I also have read/write access to the directory in question.

The workflow runs exactly as expected when I run it locally. I only get this message when I run it from the gallery.

Here is some pertinent information about the workflow:

• The input tools scoop up all of the CSV files in two directories using standard input tools (no macros or interface tools)
  • There are two output tools. They are both Render tools, and they are writing to a directory passed to them by a formula tool. I've attached a screenshot of the configuration of my Render tools.

I hesitate to post the workflow here because I work at a public accounting firm and we are very sensitive about sharing client data.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

is there a single quote in the directory name? it looks like the last character in your screenshot is a single quote. 

apmessner
7 - Meteor

No…Not a quote. Just a little tiny bit of a 1. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels