Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Equivalent to Paste Values (Removal of Formulas) - Input File

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi Alteryx team,

I have an input file with a lot of formula such as sum, equals, percentage multiply to amount, etc.  I want the file to be converted to another format (say, .dat file), but before that, I want all the formulas embedded in my file (or to a specific sheet) to be removed before converting to another file format.  Is Alteryx has the ability to paste values or remove formulas in the input file? I mean All formulas inside the file or sheet. Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @PassION_es 

Always excel will remove the formulas and consider the values only.

Please find the example below.

Input file Excel:

ShankerV_0-1669032054173.png

Alteryx:

ShankerV_1-1669032080424.png

Hope this answers your question.

Many thanks

Shanker V

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

hi @ShankerV , I am trying to convert an excel input file into .dat file format.  However, when there is a formula inside the excel, it won't generate or transfer the correct data into the .dat file.  I am aware that there's no need to convert formulas into values as Alteryx read it as values. The issue is that when I am not manually remove the formulas in excel before running the workflow to convert file to a different format (.dat file), it will generate wrong data into the .dat file. 

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PassION_es It seems to be fine in this simple example that I have. Is the file format that you are reading in a .xlsx or something else?

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Thank you @ShankerV @trsali .

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@PassION_es 

Welcome anytime, happy that my ideology helped you.

Feel free to make use of the community page anytime.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels