Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Enable tool container in batch macro

mvocasek
6 - Meteoroid
I am trying to enable a tool container if a certain value is passed through one of my control parameters is a specific value. I am able to use the "Update/Change Value" action to update other fields, but I cannot change the value of the "Disabled" check-box in the tool container. I have tried changing the value to "False", "0" and using different additional IF statements, but nothing is working. Thanks for the help!
3 REPLIES 3
MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Mike, the tool containers can’t be enabled or disabled through an action on a batch macro, this works fine on a standard macro (this issue has bee added to our log for a fix as high priority) . You may want to use the Detour tool (under developer section in toolbox) instead where your action updates the Detour checkbox based on the Control Parameter value. Please feel free to contact Client Services at clientsvcs@alteryx.com if you need further assistance.
Margarita Wilshire
Sr. Manager, Customer Support Engineering
Women & Allies Committee

Alteryx, Inc.
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mvocasek,

As @MargaritaW mentioned, depending on what you're trying to achieve, this may be doable via a detour tool, or alternatively by creative use of stream filters.

If it's worth resurrecting this thread just to close it out - shoot over an example of what you were trying to achieve - then we can work as a community to solve with you.

Thanks @mvocasek

Sean

KOBoyle_dup_172
5 - Atom

I'm using Designer 2020.4 and I am encountering this issue. If this was a high priority in 2013, what happened?

Here is my use case:

Each week we receive a batch of four files (each structured differently) from an external party. We have several weeks of files to process. I am attempting to create a batch macro that will process one file at a time, and activate a specific Tool Container based on the file type passed as a Control Parameter. 

If a Tool Container will not activate in a Batch Macro the same way that it does in a standard macro, what are the options?

Thanks,

Ken

Labels