Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Error

Winston
7 - Meteor

I'm working on a project where I need to take data and send it into a database function to get a result.  I'm using a dynamic input tool so I can insert the appropriate values into the query as the data is variable.  I'm using a simple in and out workflow as an example. 

Winston_0-1661806983260.png

The data below is what I'm using for input and the resulting queries once the dynamic input tool is done inserting the values in.  For the first line of data Input_4 is a "space" so it isn't null/empty.  Query_Test_1 adds an ID reference for tying the results back to the original input combination so it can be used in future processing.  This query produces only 1 record and then an error result.   I created Query_Test_2  to remove this reference ID and I get two records returned, but now I have nothing to tie back to the original input.

Winston_3-1661808412085.png

Below are the results I would expect to be returned using each to the queries above.  But the actual results are different and I can't understand why they would be.

Winston_2-1661807113405.png

So what am I missing that would make this come back as a different schema?

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Winston the different schema errors occur when there is a change in the order or datatypes of the fields. Please make sure the field names must be in the same order and have the same data types. If you are still getting the error you may need to consider batch macro instead of the dynamic input tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Labels