Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Horizon as columns

azkh
7 - Meteor

Hello Community!

I want to create a dynamic and flexible monthly Horizon

I have attached a sample workbook here

my expected output is like 

if the horizon is of 12 months then there will be 12 columns from March 2022 till the next 12 months

if the horizon is of 8 months then there will be 8 columns from March 2022 till the next 8 months

if the horizon is of 18 months then there will be 18 columns from March 2022 till the next 18 months

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in Advance.

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @azkh 

Normally you would a apply a crosstab procedure to pivot your data to monthly columns, but your input data doesn't have any timestamp data associated with the rows.  Without this, there's no way to determine which amount to pivot to which column.  

Can you update your sample or provide more detailed instructions as to how to produce your Horizon table?

Thanks

Dan

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@azkh 
We need to select a data column 😁

0305-azkh.PNG

azkh
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang Thank You!

I have updated the input file with the Date field and Quantity after the pivot months columns will be having Data from Quantity Column.

azkh
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Qiu 

Now I want to select these colums based on their horizon 
so if I select 8 month horizon then I want only 8 months in my output 
because at the output end I am generating a report layout using combinations of report text, report table tools so I dont want having an extra column outside my horizon

is it possible using dynamic seect tool? & How?

azkh_0-1646509819408.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @azkh 

I had built this workflow for someone recently they had a similar requirement wanted separate files for each supplier with different horizons is something similar you want?

If not can you please provide an expected output?

Happy to help : )

Labels