Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Dates

suby
11 - Bolide

HI All,

I've created a Macro to combine multiple files with multiple Tabs and produced a sample output file as attached and the file name column comes from my Macro output along with ID column.

Firstly I want to create a new column say' Date' which should be the Dates from the file name column for all the records.

Month end reporting 

Secondly I want to make this Date thing Dynamic what I mean is 

Since we are in April I want to compare  2021-02-28 with 2021-03-31 and preform some analysis.

and going forward when I run the Alteryx flow in May  the comparison period would be   2021-03-31 with 2021-04-30 data set.

thirdly I want an additional column called reporting period where it should say current month and previous month based on when flow is run.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this.

Attached the sample file for reference.

1 REPLY 1
JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

** Updated with an example workflow**

Hi @suby 

There is a great article by Chad Martin on some ways to use the Formula tool and DateTime functions to address these types of needs. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Find-The-Last-Day-Of-Any-Mon...

Have a great day!

Justin Babbitt
Labels