Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Duplicating rows of data for bank holidays

JonTaylor1
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm new to Alteryx and to the community page, so apologies for any stupid questions.

I work with financial data and I'm trying to get data to be available for everyday of the year by 'rolling' data over non-working days.

I'm trying to get the the last avaliable day's data to roll over both weekends and bank holidays. 

I have a calendar mapping file which I have managed to create. With this I have a flow which rolls Friday data over weekends (Saturday and Sunday) by using a formula tool followed by a text to columns tool.

Example,

Input:

DateDayP&LFormula
01/01/21Friday$10 

I have used a formula tool IIF ( (Day) = 'Friday' bring back 'Friday,Saturday,Sunday' else (Day) )

DateDayP&LFormula
01/01/21Friday$10Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Then using the text to columns tool and the formula tool to bring back the following

DateDay (No longer in use)P&LFormula (In use)
01/01/21Friday$10Friday
02/01/21Friday$10Saturday
03/01/21Friday$10Sunday

This simple solution works to 'roll' data over weekends by duplicating the Friday lines.

However, I was wondering whether there's is a way I could also capture bank holidays using this logic?

e.g  for the 2020 Christmas period, I would need to roll 23rd data for 4 days - over 24th(bank holiday) 25th and 26th (weekends) and the 27th (bank holiday).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@JonTaylor1 
Try to make it dynamic as much as possible, and turns out to be a big one..😁

Capture2.PNG

Labels