Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download tool error: Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need to download an xls file from the link https://www.imf.org/-/media/Files/Publications/WEO/WEO-Database/2024/April/WEOApr2024all.ashx  but I am receiving the message below in the download tool. How can I solve this problem?

ALTERYX_ERRO.JPG

Thanks!

Igor Valle

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv 

Could you share the workflow/download tool configurations? I can't reproduce the error but also not getting the expected results.. at first glance the file itself seems to have some issues 

image.png

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

Thanks for your help. Below is the workflow.

Att,

Igor Valle

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv 

Give this a shot. I wrote the file to a temp location and read it back in:

image.png

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

I tried to run the workflow but I received the same error message. It is extraordinary because I can run on the same machine in my browser. What's happened?

ALTERYX_ERRO_3.JPGALTERYX_ERRO_2.JPG

Thanks,

Igor Valle

igorfv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Igor

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @igorfv,

what version are you on? Given that I can’t reproduce the error and it works fine for me, I’m thinking it’s either related to versioning or potentially something with your network. 

ivalle
5 - Atom

Hi Luke_C

I tried in the versions 2021.3.5 and 2024.1.1 but the same error happened in both version.

ivalle_0-1720526379691.png

Thanks!

Igor Valle

Luke_C
17 - Castor

That's very strange, I tried adding a user-agent header which sometimes helps with these types of calls, but that broke it on my end. You may need to reach out to support, but I think this may be more of a networking issue than an Alteryx issue.  

Labels