Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Detour End tool display error message in analytic app

delalma
7 - Meteor

I use detour tools and end detour tool but It display the error message "Detour End (842): Missing incoming connection".

I am not sure to understand why. I think one of the two incoming stream (two Append field tools) is not sending data which is on purpose as I use a detour tool before. 

Is there a way to remove this message? 

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you post a screen grab of your workflow? Detour End should only display that if there's nothing in the anchor...

delalma
7 - Meteor

Here is a screenshot of of the wrorkflow

delalma_0-1625706156614.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you also post the lower detour's end? also - can you confirm which detour end is (842) via find tool? I'm trying to recreate your message and not getting it.

delalma
7 - Meteor

The bottom detour is going to the following container (from the top). There is only 1 end detour (displayed in the previous screen)

delalma_0-1625707791896.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

This is interesting but I can't tell what the other side is going into the detour end... could be nested detours too.

Labels