Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer error: numeric field over flow

aveloudi
7 - Meteor

Hello community,

I recently created a workflow which pulls data from a SQL table, runs through already-fixed macros, and the final results are inserted in the end SQL table. The end results include Varchar, Int and Decimal.

Every tool runs fine, but the final output tool shows the following error:

Numeric Field Overflow

Detail: the absolute value is greater than or equal to 10^2 for field with precision 12 and scale 11

I have tried to put a select tool to change the size of the columns, but nothing worked.

Do you have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aveloudi ,

this sounds like the precision of the numeric value is beyond that which can be held in the field within SQL. This isn't governed by the field size, exactly, but rather the number of decimal places.

Try changing the numeric field output to a fixed decimal with the precision of 12.11 (12 characters to the left of the decimal and 11 to the right). This should auto-scale the numeric values to the size allowed by the SQL table.

Let me know if that helps.

M.

Bulien

aveloudi
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your answer.

I tried your method but got a different error this time. 

I resolved the problem by changing the data type from decimal into float in both Alteryx and SQL.

Regards

Labels