Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Delete Spaces of

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello guys, 
I have this problem, that I have a bad formatting headers with spaces and paragraphs. How can I delete this and connect it with "_" an underscore? I tried with REGEX_Replace([Value],' ', '_') but it does not work.... Can you help me? 

pietapa_1-1669126422633.png

7 REPLIES 7
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Inactive User 

Could you share a print of how you are applying the formula? I tryed here and it seems to be doing what you want to do (replacing spaces by _, right?). You can use just replace([Value],' ', '_') instead btw.

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1669127255640.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Hereis what it looks like ...

pietapa_0-1669127466217.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Inactive User 

try this one. I think that what you have is not just spaces, but tabulations (\t):

Regex_Replace([Value], '\t', '_')

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669128340381.png

By default 1 tab is equal to 8 spaces, so if you want to keep the same number of spaces you could do:

Regex_Replace([Value], '\t', '________')

Inactive User
Not applicable

That does not work :( 
I think the problem is that I have line break... but I don't know

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@Inactive User 

can you share a sample of your input file? Just with the first 10 rows or something like that.

Inactive User
Not applicable

@Felipe_Ribeir0 
I can not share any data. I created an example with my problem. 
The header is in the middle of the table and have the format like in the xlsx-data

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Inactive User I think Regex_Replace([Value],'\s','_') is what you're after. It will replace any whitespace with an underscore

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Labels