Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Custom filter

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

The below is my custom filter, what I'm trying to do from the highlighted part is that I want to add additional codes but i want to add them as range because there would be quite a lot of codes to type in into my Group not in section.

The original [Group] column has codes in the format you can see in the quotation mark.

I have created [Group (numbers only), to strip the letters off which allows me to use ToNumber but To number will be included in as true, I want to exclude that range, whats the function for that, is this even the best way.

chiragpatel_1_1-1657618107504.png

cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hi @chiragpatel_1 

Add '!' tag before to number as shown below. It should resolve your issue. Let me know if it works or not. 

(ToNumber([Group (numbers only)]) >= 800.10 and Tonumber([Group (numbers only)]) < 800.95)

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

At this point you might be better off having your groups in a list (Text Input Tool or Input Data Tool) and then joining with the Join Tool.

Edit: actually... maybe not if you're looking at a range of values. Would depend on your data.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

To excluded the range you woulld just switch your > to < and switch your < to >.

Be sure to add brackets to get the order of these boolean statements executed in the right order.

chiragpatel_1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Amol_Telore , that was great. 

Thank for the suggestions, I will keep those in mind @PhilipMannering 

Labels