Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Crew macro runner capturing incorrect log

DM7
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am running a workflow using the crew macro runner followed by log parser to validate the workflow logs.

However , I have noticed that the crew runner is capturing incorrect log.

Below are the 2 scenarios of log capturing

Scene 1 : Log captured on execution of the workflow directly.

Started running C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Checks.yxmd at Thu Dec 3 18:29:21 2020
00:00:0.058 - ToolId 2: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Dept$`)
00:00:0.074 - ToolId 4: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Emp$`)
00:00:0.163 - ToolId 7: 3 records were joined with 1 un-joined left records and 1 un-joined right records
Finished in 00:00:0.183

Scene 2 : Log captured on execution of the same workflow but via crew runner.

Started running C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Checks.yxmd at Thu Dec 3 18:22:00 2020
00:00:0.053 - ToolId 2: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Dept$`)
00:00:0.062 - ToolId 4: C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx|4 records were read from "C:\TestPacks_ver1.1\Test Packs\Sample_Data1.xlsx" (`Emp$`)
00:00:0.168 - ToolId 7: 0 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records (ended by a downstream tool)
Finished in 00:00:0.170

As you notice text highlighted in red show different result of the same tool.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
DM7

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am interested in the "Ended by a downstream tool" message. Just out of curiosity, can you add a browse at the end of your workflow and try your test again? 

DM7
7 - Meteor

Hi BrandonB,

Thank you for your inputs.

I have tried doing that as well , but afraid it didnt work as well.

Thanks 

DM7

ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

"Ended by a downstream tool" means that there was nothing downstream that could show results, like an output or a test. In Designer there is always a Browse Everywhere attached to each tool, so you can see what's going on as you develop a workflow. In Gallery you can't see the Browse data, so the engine does not produce it any longer. Adding a Browse won't fix the problem because they are removed. You can see this behavior in Designer if you configure the Workflow -> Runtime -> "Disable All Browse Tools".

Labels