Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creation

avisingh1996
6 - Meteoroid

HMmmmmmm

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
16 - Nebula

Will you be able to share the sample input and output file.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @avisingh1996,

I am not sure if I understand you correlty - are you trying to run one formula on multiple columns? 

In this case you can choose the "Multi-Field Formula" tool, there you can select a formula that does the same thing to all the selected columns. 

A few things to look out at this tool: 

1. Select the Datatype for your fields, then tick them.

2. If you want to overwrite your field make sure to untick "Copy Output...."

3. _CurrentField_ always references the field.

4. The formula editor doesn't color or suggest formulas, sometimes it is better tio write the actual formula in a regula formula tool first and then C&P+adjust it. 

FrederikE_0-1685951819284.png

avisingh1996
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot FrederikE,

The multi field formula worked fine but the thing is that all the new columns have been added after all the actual fields. Is there a way that every individual scores column is added next to their metrices. 

With the help of Excel I can add a blank column beside each employee's metrices but how to make the Multi field formula tool to paste the formulas in those blank fields.

Thanks for the help again...

avisingh1996
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Raj, actually I can't. But no worries. I have find a solution. Thanks for giving your time.

Raj
16 - Nebula

Happy to know your problem is resolved

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @avisingh1996,

Unfortunately, the fields are always posted to the end of the table. You can rearrange them with a select tool, but that is a static process.

Labels