Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating additional columns from 2 rows of data

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I am creating an app and have been stumped very close to the end. Currently, I have all my data properly formatted in 2 columns. The 1st column is basically just the labels of what the data is representing and the second is the actual data, however; I'd like to separate out the single column of data when the labels columns switch from "Concat_VIN" to "FB#" thus creating a new column for each individual FB#. Please see picture below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

roystanding_0-1626280444187.png

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello,

I tried using a filter to get the FB out of the normal flow, a cross-tab to change it to a column, and then an Append Fields to stitch the data back together.

JoaoLeiteV_0-1626281632789.png

Is it something like this that you need? Also, the "#" in the FB is removed when using the Cross-tab Tool

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, that is not what I am trying to achieve. I'm trying to achieve something like the below. First picture is the current outflow of data. Theoretically I'd like to set it up so that when the label in the "Name" column switches from "Concat_VIN" to "FB #" the next group of data associated with the next FB# would be taken up to line 1 along with its corresponding data and become its own column and so on. Second Picture is what I'd like the data to look like if possible.

roystanding_0-1626281962616.png

roystanding_1-1626282249691.png

I appreciate your help!

JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Ok,

Think I got it now haha:

1. I've used a RecordID to get the lines as a column, then I check if the column contains FB and mark it.

2. Using a multi-row formula I group the content of the FBs in the same RecordID, then with another multi-row formula, I re-write the RecordID for each group.

3. I use this info on the GroupBy in the next Cross-tab to avoid concatenating the VINs together.

JoaoLeiteV_0-1626283932437.png

The only thing is that the column names won't make much sense, as they are made using the RecordID number 

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Perfect! You're a genius. Thank you very much for your help!

Best

Labels