Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Contains digit regex

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have a formula to tell me if a column contains a digit:

REGEX_Match([CODE], ".*\d+.*")

So i have codes such as "p3sf" so It contains digit. So it would be a true for codes with a digit. would be false for a code "abcd"

However I have 2 codes that shouldnt be "contained as a digit"

For example: salesforce.com - (00d300001g8w) should not be included in the contains digit. same with "invoice_consumer_ 962255191"

All but these codes of my are lower then 10 characters.

How can I alter my regex to exclude these 2 fields? 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
faiqz
8 - Asteroid

hi @wonka1234 

please take a look at the workflow attached to see if my workflow can cater your problem.

Thank you

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@faiqz  Sorry your excel file does not work. Its more of a regex issue and identifying digits.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@wonka1234 
What is the cretiria here?

Why  salesforce.com - (00d300001g8w) can be as containing "digit"?

@faiqz 
Maybe you uploaded the different workflow? 😂

q1.PNG

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Qiu 

I think my regex is recognizing the bracketed digits , which is correct givne the current regex. However I need a way to exclude it/. I want to exclude the "CODE" > 10 characters(or anything other logic you can think of).. but I want to keep my  original regex as is for the determining digit or not as it seems to work good.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@wonka1234 
Thank you for the quick reply.
If we can exclude any text that having length of greater than 10, then maybe something like.
Hope I understand you correctly. 😁

0417-wonka1234.PNG

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Qiu 

Thanks. However my formula is already a bool type.

Can you make this into a true false type of statement?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@wonka1234 
We can use 0 and 1 for Boolean type data.

0417-wonka1234-1.PNG

Labels