Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email with attachment using Alteryx Email tool

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

I want to send emails to multiple suppliers with their respective attachments i.e excel files,  the problem here is the files are stored in Sharepoint and if I give the file path it takes my computer drive path like C: /... when I send the file via email to someone

using Alteryx the file does not open because the file stored in my computer location, how can I attach all the files and send to the suppliers so they can download that and read in their systems. please help !!!

What formula should I create to get the files in the table as per the suppliers , so that I can use that as an attachment in email tool? Thanks again and Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you are running this workflow on your machine, you can just point the Attachment area on the Email tool to a field that has the correct path for each file for each email address.

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I’m guessing your problem is not on the e-mail tool. But on the connection Alteyx x Sharepoint.

The “C:” location to Sharepoint is just a shortcut to Sharepoint on your machine.

If you follow this steps on connection you’d probably get this one around:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Connect-to-Sharepoint-with-A...

Hope this helps,

Tanai

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

@Tanai_GoncalvesThanks mate,  I did the same process, syncing that folder into the local machine but when I upload the workflow into the server , does it takes the same file path for files from my local system? 

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

@gabrielvilella  Currently, I am running on my machine, but how does it work when I run this workflow through the server? From where it will take the files as an attachment?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

To run this on the Server you have two options:

• Sync the Server machine with SharePoint and point the Email tool to the correct path that works on the Server.
  • Download each file using the SharePoint connector, save it and then reference then point the Email tool to that location. This will require a macro to read the files.
Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

@arsh011 

No, it isn’t the same path as your local path.

Usually Sharepoint is shared through a online link.

Labels