Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect In-DB isn't finishing

moblender
7 - Meteor

Help! I have an In-DB workflow that is getting stuck at the end but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Any suggestions?

moblender_0-1650469759959.png

11 REPLIES 11
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

how many records are going out via datastream out - and how many GB of ram are you running? I've seen substantial issues with ram maxing freezing the workflow at datastream out. add a sample tool before datastream out and set it to 1000 records. If this works - this just means you are pulling out a ton of data and maxing out your system.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I added the sample and it flowed through the sample and is again stuck at the data stream out. The odd thing is that this workflow typically runs VERY quickly (~10 seconds) and has not been changed so I'm a bit confused as to why all of the sudden its doing this.

moblender
7 - Meteor

Additionally I just checked my database file that most recently worked. 7,844 records. On top of that, I set the sample tool to 10,000 records and that has completed but the data stream out tool is still refusing to work.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

o.k. - delete the datastream out tool and run.

add the datastream out tool back.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I will do that now. Another tidbit; it will not write to a browse in-db either.

moblender
7 - Meteor

Okay so I've placed a few random browse tools in here. The workflow runs fine UNTIL there is a browse tool AFTER the left outer join. Any tools that need to write after that left outer join prevent the workflow from finishing. 

moblender_0-1650472355033.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

any chance the join is set up wrong or needs another field? if not - try to cut it out and repaste it in.Alteryx generates sql based upon the in-db tools and sometimes junk gets left in...

moblender
7 - Meteor

The joins are okay. I actually am at a total loss. I kept moving browse tools around. In the orders query container, if I put the browse after the final inner join, the workflow won't move forward. These are oracle odbc connections and I can't find any connection errors or  anything like that. I rebuilt the workflow and tried that, to no avail. I'm completely stumped. It's not my machine either, it's doing the same thing on multiple machines, in multiple locations.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I was hopeful the weekend rest would provide a hands free solution but hose hopes have been dashed. Still facing the same problem. I guess I'll start testing the sql queries individually to see what I can gather, though other opinions or help is very much welcome.

Labels