Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional If Statement Error

seanjon13
5 - Atom

Getting a "Malformed If Statement" error when using the following formula. I am trying to filter on dates 0-39 days to say "Yes", else "No". The date of the field I am using to filter is MM-dd-yyyy.

if(ABS(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Last Discovered],"days"))) <=39 THEN "Yes" ELSE "NO"

Any ideas why there is an error?

3 REPLIES 3
zajaccount
9 - Comet

Hi,

drop the ( at the beggining and add an endif - this should work:

if ABS(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Last Discovered],"days"))<=39 then "Yes" else "No" endif

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @seanjon13,

I think you got some brackets () wrong and missed the ENDIF, but that's it. Try this one:

if ABS(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Last Discovered],"days")) <=39 
THEN "Yes" 
ELSE "NO" 
ENDIF

Best

Alex

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

I've accepted the post by @zajaccount as the solution.

Though the posts above give you a valid working syntax, the true error in this isn't actually related to brackets, it's related to two issues;

1) you have no ENDIF at the end of your statement (which is pointed out above)

2) with an IF, it must be followed by a space before any further syntax (not covered by the above)

To summerize the statement...

if (ABS(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Last Discovered],"days"))) <=39 THEN "Yes" ELSE "NO" endif

will work, but I do believe they are right to suggest moving the brackets from around the ABS too as these are unnecessary. 

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Labels