Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Container

agustingaravaglia
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have a query about the feasibility of creating a workflow under the following criteria: 

agustingaravaglia_0-1645124979455.png

The idea is that the entire workflow is scheduled every 15 minutes and "container 2" is only executed conditional on the result of "container 1". In other words, the container 1 will look for a flag in a specific folder and if it is present, container 2 will run. We don't want to ping the database every 15 minutes as that is not a best practice. 

Do anyone know if this is feasible? 

Any help or similar solution will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @agustingaravaglia yes that is feasible I have created and seen others wrap a container in a batch macro and then build logic for example to determine if current day was a weekday or weekend as their workflow needed to be scheduled to run every hour however they did not want this to occur on weekends. Attached is a mock up I built for the example I outlined where certains containers will only open during cetains days. If you have any issues opening the attached Alteryx package this link should help.

agustingaravaglia
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much for your quick response. I will check it out! 

NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @agustingaravaglia,

also solution is to use conditional runner attached below. But using this solution, you solution must be module based and each conditional part must be in different workflow.

Best Luck!

Niky

Labels