Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate sequential Row IDs (no patterns)

mbrenn207
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm using python to extract text from PDFs and in-turn parsing out relevant data that I need. The tool creates a unique row id for each line of text and in some cases the data I need is pushed to the next row id. I would like to concatenate these rows together so I can use regex to get the data I need.(e.g., concatenate Rows 1 with 2, 2 with 3, 3 with 4, and so on)  Any help is greatly appreciated. See attached for an example of my desired output.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mbrenn207 I have replicated this in Alteryx using a Multi Row Formula tool. Here is some more info about it:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/multi-row-formula-tool

This will allow you to take your current String Text and concatenate to the value of String Text from the row below.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

is there a logic to dictate which rows get aggregated where? anything inside the rows? Is it always a static number of rows?

mbrenn207
6 - Meteoroid

hi - there was no logic, simply concatenating current row with next row. The expression in the multi-row tool worked and I should be able to achieve my goal. Thank you for the help.

Labels