Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing Results from one workflow to a new input in order to remove ineligible values

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I have designed a workflow that provides me results.  YAY!  We will call this A.

However, a different data source (B) has a list of people who need to be excluded from results A. 

Complicating this, results A may list a person twice because they are eligible for two different things. As I am writing this, I am thinking that I need to filter out the B people before I run workflow A.  How do I do this?

r

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @rhearns1, if I'm understanding your ask right then you ought to just be able to bring your (B) dataset into workflow A and use a join to conduct a filter. Here's an example where we have one list:

100L.png

And the second dataset (in your scenario this would be B):

100R.png

If we now conduct a join on these two datasets, using the name fields as the key, then we can just look at the top (L) output anchor of the Join tool to see those records that didn't find a match i.e. don't need excluding:

100O.png

Hope this helps! Workflow attached for you to look over as well.

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much!  This worked perfectly!

r

Labels