Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine Unique Values of a set

mzanier
5 - Atom

Imagine a small set of data such as :

Set,ID

In this, set 1, 2 and 6 all share a common value or values (111 and 222 are in 1 and 2, and set 6 has 222). If i want any set with common values to become one set, how can i achieve this? 

I started with an exact fuzzy match on the IDs, and then that gave me sets:

1 - 2

1 - 6

2 - 6 (4 and 5 come together as well)

Ok great, now I know that 1,2, and 6 should combine... and that's where I'm stuck. 

Is there a better way? I'm not good with the multirow formula, but happy to learn if that's the case. If anyone could help that'd be great!

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @mzanier

What exactly do you mean by you want them to combine? Furthermore, how exactly do you want your records to look like once they combine? 

An easy way to figure out if sets have common ID's is by using the CReW Macro Only Unique.

Capture.PNG

From here, you can use a Summarize tool to Group By ID and concatenate the Set field if that's what you're looking for.

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @mzanier, are you looking for something like the below? I basically took your dataset and parsed it using the text to columns tool delimiting on the comma. 

Help1.PNGHelp2.PNG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mzanier

See WF appended, I used Make Group tool (underrated, by the way).

makegroup.PNG

Cheers,

mzanier
5 - Atom

Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Labels